Welcome to a blog dedicated to enthusiasts of the colorful and exciting world of Betty La Fea. Philippine's "I Love Betty La Fea" soap opera is based on the Columbian telenovela ,Yo soy Betty, la fea, that has spawned over 20 editions worldwide. This website has been established to offer a portal connection for fans of any Betty La Fea adaptations around the globe. The Betty La Fea saga is not just a franchise but a universal organization for everybody to share their country's culture and sensibilities.

I ♥ Betty La Fea Updates

When do you wish "I Love Betty La Fea" series to end?

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A different Ruffa Gutierrez in I Love Betty La Fea


By Napoleon Quintos
Source: www.ABS-CBN.com


Ruffa Gutierrez carried the beauty and glamour that she has been known for when she walked in for her special press conference for I Love Betty La Fea. The beauty queen-actress will play Daniela, the main kontrabida to Bea Alonzo. Although she portrays a discriminating corporate woman, Ruffa revealed that there was a time when she felt like poor Betty.

"When I was in grade school I felt really ugly. I was the shortest in the class, I had frizzy hair, I was wearing glasses because I couldn’t see the board. I remember that time na gusto kong maging Kris Aquino na straight ang hair. Pero kahit anong gawin kong blow dry sa buhok ko super kulot pa rin siya. I envied the typical Filipina girl na straight ang hair, cute, may kolehiyala accent." Ruffa recalled.

But the former teen star said that she got rid of all her insecurities when she underwent training for the Look Of The Year modeling competition. That later paved the way for her to represent our country in the 1993 Ms. World where she was crowned as Second Princess. Since then Ruffa has become the symbol of beauty, brains, and talent appearing in movies, television, commercials, and magazines.

With her role as Daniela, Ruffa is ready to showcase her side as a real-life fashion enthusiast. She will get to wear the best clothes crafted by known Filipino designers Kate Torralba, Rajo Laurel, Jun Escario, and Mitch Dulce among others, plus a few of her personal jewelry, bags, and shoes which she gladly shared for the show. But aside from the look, Ruffa also found a challenge in breathing life into the kontrabida role. "Ibang Ruffa Gutierrez yung makikita nila dito. Gusto kong i-separate yung pagiging Daniela ko sa pagiging Ruffa. Si Daniela is matapang, mataray, scheming, at ambisyosa. That’s not me, but I will give it my best shot to portray my character." she said.

Watch out for Ruffa as Daniela in I Love Betty La Fea premiering very soon. Also keep it here on www.ABS-CBN.com and ilovebettylafea.multiply.com for more exclusive updates on the show.



No comments:

Digg! Digg!
Add to Technorati Favorites Technorati
Del.icio.us
Stumble
Facebook
More...

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe to Feed

Subscribe to Podcast


Entertainment & Lifestyle - Top Blogs Philippines